Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bye, bye Rooster Boy


Well, that's the last of last years chickens. Rooster Boy, who survived the winter in the barn with the goats was hit by a car when he tried to cross the road. There is a joke in there somewhere, but I am too sick to find it. The big question is do I dare pluck, gut, and cook him up for dinner?



I think I will use the sick excuse again.
I will miss his cheery "Cock-a-dock-a- doooo!" as Roo says.
I think I am done with truely free ranging chickens for a while. I have plans for a pastured chicken coop that moves daily, and I think that might be where we will head from here.

So the chicken stats: over 50 have been on the farm at one point or other.
none surviving.
none cooked.
only a couple of eggs collected.
none of those hatched.
Ox Cart Man score: very very low....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Q-Why did Rooster Boy cross the road?
    A-To get to The Other Side where 72 splendid virgin hens await him with open wings to enjoy a paradise of heavenly delights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope his little rooster spirit is there -- his body went to the dump with the trash later this morning.

    ReplyDelete