Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love is in the air

Dear Georgia,
As you know, I am traditionally not a valentine's day person. But I thought I might change that when I saw these. I didn't want to pay the 5 bucks for the pattern and I didn't want to be restricted by their rules (thou shalt not sell made items, thou shalt not share pattern) so I came up with my own.


I don't want to take away from their little buisness of making and selling patterns so I won't give a blow by blow of how to make them, but when I get to my computer I will write a blip on the magic bag bottom. (snicker, titter, hmph! splutter, HA HA HA!)
Josie's (aka Ellen) bag is made out of a dress she grew out of. Mimi's is my favorite. Emily is the baby of a friend who I helped in making her own. And I thought I was over pink, but these make me squeel like a little girl.




8 comments:

  1. Fun! Are they to hold valentines or just for whatever?

    And just cuz I'm curious, is there a story behind the "Dear Georgia"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so so so cute. Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made friends with pink, especially for Valentines Day. And making Valentine goodies with my girlz is pretty much the only thing that gets me thru stupid ol' January. These little bags are quite delightful (and more durable than decoupaged kleenex-box-mailboxes). Is Josie going by Ellen? Are the other girls still called MAggie, Lily and Ruthie? Jill's Ally has a totally different school identity--she goes by Lyndi at school, always has, and only family members call her Ally (her name is Lyndi Alice). She is in the 4th grade and i just learned this! Also, a visiting friend pointed out that I call my kids by their middle names more often thatn their firsts. I don't know if that's true, but they respond to Rosie, Lynners, and Ole-boy just as well as their first names. Speakign of names, I was just typing up the story of how Heidi got her name for her Primary teacher. I will send it to you shortly, as you play a part in our changing from naming her Josephine Ellen (that still cracks me up that we--totally independently-- chose the same names for our girls who are 2 wks apart) to Heidi Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I second Becca's question... are they Valentine mail boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were meant to be Valentine mail boxes, but they haven't come down yet, so perhaps they will be up there forever. Or they could just be like the Christmas decorations which haven't been put away yet. :)

    ReplyDelete