Sunday, March 21, 2010

Double Glazing





Dear Georgia,

I can't get these to show side by side as I would like... But that isn't the point of this post. The point is I found a video that told about glazing -- a watercolor technique where you apply paint on top of already dry paint. I thought I would give it a try. It ended up being so much fun that I painted this triptych of easter eggs. I know that Joh has been playing around with watercolors and so I wanted to post a link to the movie in case any one else will have the "how to make flat things look round" light bulb go off in their brains too. There are 8 segments to this video series. You can bop over to them by clicking here.
I think one of the things that was such fun about this little exercise is that I haven't even been able to see the color changes before and now I can see them and play with them myself. I even put them on my fridge with my kids art. (And I suppose that this is my virtual fridge, too.)



4 comments:

  1. Oowee! This makes me excited! Watercoloring made a big jump topward on my Wanna Learn It List. These friendly eggies are gorgeous. No kidding. They make me smile. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, Heid. I continue to be inspired by your painting foray...I think partly b/c you and I both have always identified ourselves as the non-arties in this fam. But look, you can draw and paint. So I'm trying too. And finding it really really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a local guy that fits 7 day windows They are u-PVC windows, which as far as I can tell are all broadly similar. Really happy with the VFM. OPW By Design

    ReplyDelete